An online worldwide event with Diána Balogh
This bracelet will be guaranteed one of your favourites: it is simple, delicate and elegant with tiny colourful accents.
I teach you in this video tutorial how to do the Flat Chenille stitch. I teach a new bracelet design, which I created for this year’s International Beading Week (IBW).
You don’t need any special beads, you can use seed beads from your beadstash!
Don’t worry, if you are an absolute beginner, I hold your hand and lead you step by step through the whole process.
Learn the Flat Chenille Stitch from me, the developer of the design and create your own Geneviève Bracelet!
You can learn from this lesson:
- The story of the Chenille Spiral and its inventor,
- Why I developed the Flat Chenille design,
- How to do the Flat Chenille Stitch and how to make the Geveviève bracelet,
- How to end your thread, and add a new thread if you are working with the Flat Chenille design,
- How to add the clasp to your bracelet.
The tutorial leads you step by step throughout the whole process with high quality sharp video footage, explanatory figures of each step, english narration and english subtitles but without any music. If you would like to listen to the music while beading, you can turn on your favourite music. If the narration is distributing, turn down the volume, and read the subtitles.
This is NOT A DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT!
After registration put it in your cart, check out and you can watch it through the whole IBW (from 24th July to the 1st August [UK time]) for free at any times you want.
The video contains 6 parts:
- PART 1 contains the basic information and the basic instructions about the beads, the thread and the other materials you need for this project.
- In PART 2 I will show you how you can start the work.
- There is a part in the beading which we will repeat. You will find this section in PART 3.
- PART 4 shows how to end your beadwork.
- In PART 5 I will show you how to add the clasp to your beadwork.
- If you are out of the thread PART 6 shows how you can end your old thread and add a new one.
With this structure you can watch for example the repeating part again and again if you are a beginner, or if you need me to guide you throughout the whole process. If you have gained practice in this part, you can stop the video and do it yourself, and when you are ready with this part you can go to the next section and continue the beading.
LIST OF MATERIALS
For this bracelet you can use seed beads size 11/0 and 15/0 together, or seed beads size 8/0 and 11/0 together.